By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Kinky Boots!!!

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I have just watched a movie on BBC2 called "Kinky Boots". The story about a family shoes firm in Northampton that was about to go into liquidation. They manufactured traditional mens shoes, but to save the factory they changed to making exotic footwear...(of which I know nothing about :rolleyes:!!).

It transpires it was based upon a true story.

But also later tonight there is a "Trouble at The Top Revisited" programme, about the original business which was the inspiration for the movie.

BBC - What's On - Programme Information for Trouble at the Top Revisited

I'm sure it will be on iplayer tomorrow, if you don't see it tonight

Regards

Gordon
PLC

frockery

frockery

I caught this programme and it was really interesting, though it was sad the guy had to close his factory in order to make a go of the kinky side of his business.

His fetish footwear was called Divine and I must google it to see how things have worked out. He didn't appear to have an online presence, only a mail order catalogue, which seemed a wasted opportunity.

Folk may scoff but I have a few CDs who buy women's clothes and footwear in bigger sizes. A friend of mine used to sell plus size lingerie on ebay and the majority of her buyers were blokes. Takes all sorts. :)

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Folk may scoff but I have a few CDs who buy women's clothes and footwear in bigger sizes. A friend of mine used to sell plus size lingerie on ebay and the majority of her buyers were blokes. Takes all sorts. :)
Now, don't go there...I may be thrown off the forum!! :D

I missed the programme....as I fell asleep...I'll see it on iplayer...I am glad it was good. Did you watch the Bill Gates programme?

Regards

Gordon
PLC

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I watched the programme this morning...it was sad to see him have to sell the factory, but of course he looked to new markets and created "Divine" for the fetish shoe market and developed an online business...good on him

I found his online business, so it seems to be he has had some success

WARNING: Do be careful when clicking the link if you are a sensitive soul. I'll let the mods decide if it breaks codes of decency. It's not overly shocking though.

Divine - Divine secure online shop

It was an interesting programme (worth watching) and again an insight about how our businesses need to be changing and adapting all the time to survive.

Regards

Gordon
PLC

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking