By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Just How Important Is Seo

E

eeyorebob

I am very interested in knowing the answer to this one. I am researching my new business, I am thinking of setting up a website to go along with it (which I can do myself),however, a lot of people are telling me that I should employ an SEO expert to ensure hits on google etc. Even had a company call me to try and get me to sign up to their services, but I'm dubious as I've heard bad things about them - so just how important is SEO and how do you ensure you get a good ranking

barry100

barry100

SEO Is important if your a web based business. Its also important if you are a local business as most people will search on Google for localised services now instead of using things like yellow pages. What type of business are you getting in to?

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

It's absolutely putting either a little bit of time or money into it. You could be the best company in the world with the most impressive website in history, but if nobody is able to find it, none of it is going to matter. You need to draw people to your website, and with so much traffic coming through search engines, SEO is one of the best ways to do this. Either look into it yourself, or hire somebody to do it for you. There are lots of people who can rework web content to make it more SEO friendly.

A

andybrowne

SEO is a highly measurable marketing activity as their are tools that can tell you exactly how much traffic you are getting, what position you rank on search engines and how many traffic you are achieving in form of clicks you are getting.