By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Is there TOO much being done for young people these days?

Ryan

It's a really big topic, of course with the countries job situation it's hard enough for a fully-qualified adults to get a job, let alone young people with little or no experience and qualifications.

So, with all the organisations and chance to get qualifications, do you think too much is being for young people these days?

I'm neutral, I think everyone needs a push in the right direction, and the people who give their time to do this are just fantastic! However there's so many young people taking this for granted.

What does everyone think?

MissC

MissC

I think it's great to see things being done for young people. I think the range of different options available can help to bring some positive press to young people.

I myself tried the traditional college route and if I'm honest I hated it. So for me personally I think it's great that there is other options such as apprenticeships and work training. The chance to gain additional qualifications is surely an advantage not just for now but for the future too.

Although yes I do agree that some young people do take advantage and don't grasp the opportunities but couldn't you say the same for other people.

Ryan

In regards to college, I was exactly the same as you! I think I'd rather get experience whilst actually working than learning in a classroom!