By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Is price-fixing riddled through corporate companies?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

A story making quite a bit of news today is that the OFT have launched an investigation into price fixing in the cigarette market.

BBC NEWS | Business | Retailers in tobacco price probe

Is it just me or is price-fixing riddled through corporate companies. We've had supermarkets price fixing milk to housebuilders colluding on land purchases etc. Doesn't it feel from a "man on the street" perspective that we're being ripped off left right and centre?

Brian McIntosh

There seems to be more and more of these collusions coming to light nowadays. I'm sure there are a lot more going on as well. It's one of the reasons big businesses make as much profits as they do. I wonder how much their profits would be affected if they really had to compete with each other?

S

stressmom

I think this is probably rampant in the oil industry as well as others and it does feel like we are all being ripped off every time you turn around.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking