By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Is it allowed??

Brian McIntosh

I was watching Coronation Street last night (I know, I know) and in one scene in the living room at the back of the pub Dierdre was quite happily puffing away on a cigarette. This got me to thinking. Is the smoking ban in England the same as up here? Surely a television studio is an enclosed public space? If it is, how did she get away with smoking?

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I was watching Coronation Street last night (I know, I know) and in one scene in the living room at the back of the pub Dierdre was quite happily puffing away on a cigarette. This got me to thinking. Is the smoking ban in England the same as up here? Surely a television studio is an enclosed public space? If it is, how did she get away with smoking?
Snapper, I'm worried....you clearly have too much time on your hands!!:p

Here's a wee suggestion to keep you busy....

Why don't you start a thread about some photographs and put them up...some your/our works and some your/our life...I am sure it would be an interesting way to find out a little more about us here on the forum? Just a thought.

Gordon
PLC

Brian McIntosh

Gordon, I wish I had more time on my hands. That's why I'm here and not watching Eastenders. :D I have tried to post pictures up on this site but it won't let me. I started a thread about it as well. Maybe could come to the rescue? I'm looking at starting a blog about what I get up to in my photographic world but I need help with that as well. Again, might be able to help out!

Geting back to my original question then...

Last edited by a moderator:
Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

What about using something like photobucket first...and linking there....

Here is me by the way...

As I understand it smoking IS indeed allowed on stage or set in England providing it's essential to the artistic integrity of the piece. But it's not as simple as them simply saying it is; they need to prove it as this item shows...

Unholy row as play to be hit by smoking ban| Theatre | This is London

For dramatic effect up here there is always....

Gamucci Micro Electronic Cigarette - I Want One Of Those

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Brian,

Matt has beaten me to the answer :)

Now if you know who Deirdre is i'm sure you've watched the Street on more than one occassion :p

Regarding the images issue - There are a few issues that i've yet to resolve the main one being the size of the photo files and how this affects the hosting etc. I would like to make it possible and the Photobucket option does work. I will do more investigation and will try and resolve if I can :)

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking