By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Is Gordon Brown good for business

• Thread starter Power Lunch Club
  • Start date

Is Gordon Brown good for business

• Yes I believe Gordon Brown can bring us through this economic turbulenc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Gordon Brown doesn't have the personality to do it and should step down

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

We are living in a very insecure economic time, and it's very easy to blame poor Gordon Brown for all that is wrong at the moment.

Do you think that he can pull us through this ecomonic turbulance...and do we feel confident about him.

Gordon

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I actually think he was better suited as chancellor and moving to be the PM was the wrong move. I dont even think he will last to the end of the year and I think he's now out of touch with public opinion etc. The media dont like him either so I see it merely as a matter of time before he throws in the towel :(

Idea15

Idea15

Mum said that if you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all, so...

nothing does

nothing does

I have to say that I thought he was a pretty good chancellor at the start, but things seem to have gone a little wrong for him. I think picking up the reigns of a floundering government has done him a lot of damage. He's a very intelligent man but I think his desire to be PM has tarnished his reputation.

Gordon N

Gordon N

I have to say that I thought he was a pretty good chancellor at the start, but things seem to have gone a little wrong for him. I think picking up the reigns of a floundering government has done him a lot of damage. He's a very intelligent man but I think his desire to be PM has tarnished his reputation.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Regards,

Gordon

fantasycouriers

fantasycouriers

I think the character qualities that did make him a good chancellor are completely the opposite of what's required for a good PM. A lot of the economic discomfort we are facing has been generated by the global economy, rather then the UK one, and the world is such now that we can't insulate ourselves from worldwide oil crisis, or the US mortgage mistakes.

They're two totally different jobs, and I don't know if historically anyone has suceeded in both positions.

A PM needs to be an inspiring person, with charisma. Someone who knows how to delegate effectively and let people act within their responsibilities. A control freak, who has to read all everything himself, is not a person who can be PM.

How much older does he look in a year????

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

This poll isn't looking good for GB, i'm almost tempted to put just one yes up just out of sympathy....... on second thoughts I wont bother :p

Mr Broon seems doomed!