By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

I met...

Brian McIntosh

...the author Lee Child last night at a book signing in Aberdeen. It's the third time I've attended one of his signings and he is always interesting. For those of you who haven't heard of him, he writes about an ex Military Policeman called Jack Reacher. He was promoting book number twelve in the series and every one is an education. If you ever get a chance to go to one of his book signings, jump at the chance. For someone whos books regularly top the Sunday Times bestseller list he is very down to earth and extermely interseting. Last night he was explaining how he develops the plots and stories for his books. It was a real eye opener.

D

Dizzydiza

I havent read a book in years....and I used to be a book worm but i just dont have the patience to sit with one now. Not that I wouldnt like to, it's just i feel guilty if i did cause I have so many other things i need to be doing :(

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Never heard of Lee Childs to be honest. I'm a big fan of Ian Rankin and have read all his books, it's a shame Rebus is being put to bed now :( I've been looking for another series to get into so I may look into Lee Childs in a bit more detail.

Re Audio Books - I'm a big fan of podcasting myself anyway which is kind of similar. Never really tried an audio book before, might be worth looking into as well :)

stugster

stugster

I havent read a book in years....and I used to be a book worm but i just dont have the patience to sit with one now. Not that I wouldnt like to, it's just i feel guilty if i did cause I have so many other things i need to be doing :(
Get Bransons book!

Richard Branson, The Autobiography (Losing My Virginity)

ISBN: 978-0-7535-1300-2

Fantastic read!

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Get Bransons book!

Richard Branson, The Autobiography (Losing My Virginity)

ISBN: 978-0-7535-1300-2

Fantastic read!

Oh yes...It's great...I have read it twice

Gordon
PLC

PC

PC

I reckon Stugster must be on commission from Mr B!

I've always used iTunes for my audio books. Bill Bryson, Hitchhikers Guide, Terry Pratchett etc.

They're great when I seem to spend so much of my time in the van.

Oh, and the Archers podcast too :rolleyes:

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

I reckon Stugster must be on commission from Mr B!

I've always used iTunes for my audio books. Bill Bryson, Hitchhikers Guide, Terry Pratchett etc.

They're great when I seem to spend so much of my time in the van.

Oh, and the Archers podcast too :rolleyes:
Ah a Radio 4 fan too

Gordon
PLC