By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

How to make a GBP payment to Hong Kong

A

Aaron

Hello,

I need to make a GBP payment to a Hong Kong bank account using SWIFT, but I can't find a simple way to do this. Can anyone help?

I have a UK business bank account but in order to make international payments, I have to print out a letter, fill it in and mail it to them. Also I know that they will probably rip me off with fees.

Up until now, when I want to make international payments I have used Transferwise. I am very happy with them, but they only let me make payments to foreign bank accounts in foreign currencies eg GBP > EURO.

I now want to pay a Chinese supplier who have a bank account in Hong Kong and want the payment in GBP. Transferwise and other similar services I have looked at, do not allow this.

When I bought a sample from the supplier I ended up making a SWIFT payment from my personal bank account as I could easily do this. Now I want to send a larger sum of money, this isn't really practical.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

Aaron.