By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

How often do you check your website speed?

E

Employer

You can have the best website in the world, the best offers and the best products but if your website is slow then customers will simply disappear. How often you check your website speed?

barry100

barry100

Too often..

I dont use wordpress so I revel in the speeds I get with my own CMS, BluCMS. Statistics show, you can wait up to 6 weeks to wait for the average wordpress website to load. In fact, I have seen carrier pigeons deliver messages quicker than the average wordpress site. :)

Smiths1972

Smiths1972

We tend to check website speeds at least once a month when we carry out maintainence and updates across our clients sites.

Needhelp

Needhelp

This is a very good question when in all honesty I don't check the speed of my websites let alone on a regular basis. Are there any good websites out there which allow you to check website speeds and give you an idea of any ways in which you can speed up delivery of your site?

P

pmorris

Once a month will do, but it's also important to check it every time there is a significant update to the site or pages in question.

A

Alex_Gramm

Now you can use CWV report in Google Search Console. It is a good, accurate, and it is a ranking factor.

D

Deniel0

If there are big changes to the site or pages in question, maybe once a month. As a goal, you should work for a company where site speed issues would be raised by everyone at the company, not just the SEO team. It's more important than the impact it would have on SEO alone.

Submiller

Submiller

I'm kinda paranoid when it comes to any website lags so I do it almost daily.

P

pearsonandpearson

Checking your website speed is important for improving your site’s performance, user experience, and SEO. There is no definitive answer to how often you should check your website speed, as it depends on various factors such as your site’s size, complexity, traffic, and updates. However, some general guidelines are:

You should check your website speed at least once a month, or more frequently if you make significant changes to your site or notice a sudden drop in your rankings or conversions.
completely agree

Adam NN

Adam NN

We sell games on Steam, so Gabe Newell is responsible for the speed of work))