By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

How Much Of Your Xmas Shopping Will You Do Online This Year?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Online shopping is clearly growing year on year.

Going to the shops for me is a massive no no particularly just now as they already seem to be jam packed!

So I'll probably do 70-80% of my shopping online.

What about others? How much of your Xmas shopping so you expect to do online? :)

MattW

MattW

We've done about 90% of our shopping online this year. The only thing we physically went to fetch was some toys from Toys R Us for our daughter.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I'm having to do the dreaded high street run this weekend. Not looking forward to it :(

But hey it is nearly Xmas :)

St Rhenium

St Rhenium

I actually did less online this year - probably 50-60% as opposed to 70-80% last year. I've found that going out and spending actual physical cash makes me a bit tighter, which in my position is a good thing :D

saltire

saltire

I only have a few to buy for and prefer to do it in person.

I like to properly think the gifts out and make them that bit more considered and special.

I'm off to Amsterdam on Saturday and plan on doing my shopping there :)

I guess you could say i'm going dutch - I just hope people aren't surprised when I ask them for half the money back :p

MapleTree

MapleTree

I typically do most of mine in person, to be honest. Actually, I would say I do half and half - half online and half in person. I have a lot of family in America, so I typically do all of theirs online so I can get it sent straight to them without the hassle. The rest I prefer to go out and do.

MattW

MattW

We will be doing the same again this year. Will have a single run to the shops, but everything else will be purchased online, and most of that will be from Amazon.