By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

How Many Of You Are Self Employed?

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I was wondering this morning just how many people on here are registered self employed. I know most here have their own businesses, but that's not necessarily the same thing. I think we have a couple of sole traders, but I just thought I'd ask!

For those who are, how are you finding it? What would you say were the positives and the challenges of it when compared to normal employment?

P

Pete Brindle

I used to be, when I worked on my own, but now that I have other staff we're an official company with employees, which I find to be much better. I didn't really like being self employed because it was so difficult to get any kind of finance when you needed it, so I am glad that we decided to do this.

M

Mike Turner

I'm not. When I first started I was wondering whether I should, but then I decided that I wanted to hire staff and do various other things, so registering as a business would be a better idea. I am the boss, though!