By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

How does your IT fit in with your Company?

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
How do you see your IT fitting in and around your company?
What do you use your computers for? What would you do if they disappeared tomorrow?

Could you carry on working without them?

Please let me know :D

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
In an effort to get you all posting, I shall unscrupulously bump this thread :D

Get answering, or I'll come round and steal your computers!

How do you see your IT fitting in and around your company?
What do you use your computers for? What would you do if they disappeared tomorrow?

Could you carry on working without them?

Please let me know :D
NOT in the way I work now. Up until about ten years ago video was edited by copying from one tape to another using specially constructed VTRs and en edit controller. In real terms it was a far more restrictive and expensive way of working.

Scripts and production paperwork were all typed and photocopied; suppose I could manage fine with that... VOIP would disappear t=so that would be a more expensive phone system. No website; back to brochures.. No email... Back to FAX....

No SBF ...back to propping up the bar :D

TomB

TomB

Please don't steal my computer, I'd have to take time off work ;)

Ok i'll kick off then.

For my business IT is esssential being a web, print and database design company, without computers i couldn't do anything and woudln't make any money :(

At my day job, I'm an ICT officer providing support to 34 users and 3 windows servers.

I would say 90% of the work thats carried out relies on computers and without it the office would come to a bit of a halt pretty quickly.

But then sometimes the way i look at it is we managed before without them, sometimes I wonder if we create more work by using computer, you know making up administration systems and all that.

Thats my two pennies worth :D

polr

polr

We're a web design company so to lose any of our IT equipment would be a disaster.

Not only that, I also rely on the web so much for theatre bookings, restaurant reviews etc etc that my social life would take a kick too (ok, I confess we're geeks!)

Brian McIntosh

My business would be lost without computers. I do have multiple back ups of all my important stuff so if one of my computers went pear shaped I would just hijack my wife's computer and, as Lynne says, I rely on the b****y thing too much for bookings, catching up on iPlayer etc.

frockery

frockery

Since I have an online shop, I would be pretty scuppered without computers! I would have to consider opening a b&m shop with all these nasty overheads that don't generally apply to ecommerce.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking