By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Historial threads....and missing text

• Thread starter Power Lunch Club
  • Start date
Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Historical threads....and missing text

A question for I suppose...

When I look at some of the historical threads I find that some of them are missing some text....like the thread has been truncated?

Is this normal or is it some local to me....(Help I feel I am been picked on!! :scared:)?

Gordon

Last edited by a moderator:
A question for I suppose...

When I look at some of the historical threads I find that some of them are missing some text....like the thread has been truncated?

Is this normal or is it some local to me....(Help I feel I am been picked on!! :scared:)?

Gordon
Yeah; I happened to find my way back to one of my own old posts to find it cut off in its prime...:confused::confused:

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Gordon,

Can you give me some examples of where this is happening and I will have a look. Saying that it's likely i'll need to chat this over with Stu. This may be a legacy issue that was caused by the forum being hacked. We're on it now :)

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hi guys,

I have had a good look at it, and I can only assume that it has happened whilst on the old host. Perhaps a hack attempt, injection, or an issue when the database server was hosted on a completely different machine than the server hosting the web content.

The posts were made before the forums moved to Equiphase (our hosting),so there's not much I can really do to thoroughly investigate it.

If anyone can find any posts that are like that which have occurred later than August 2008, I'd be very interested in them! Hopefully those issues are definitely a thing of the past and they'll

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

If anyone can find any posts that are like that which have occurred later than August 2008, I'd be very interested in them! Hopefully those issues are definitely a thing of the past and they'll
Did you do that on purpose????? :scared:

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Just an update on this issue. Stu has checked the database back to when we transferred over and it's the same so this does indeed point to a historical issue with the former hosting etc. We are not able to get this data back which is very frustrating.

The only option we can see is for people to edit the posts they have made where it's chopped off part of it. I'm sorry we can provide a better solution but the transfer was essential and the forum has never worked so well. I'll happily work with anyone who really feels they'd like these posts edited.

Just an update on this issue. Stu has checked the database back to when we transferred over and it's the same so this does indeed point to a historical issue with the former hosting etc. We are not able to get this data back which is very frustrating.

The only option we can see is for people to edit the posts they have made where it's chopped off part of it. I'm sorry we can provide a better solution but the transfer was essential and the forum has never worked so well. I'll happily work with anyone who really feels they'd like these posts edited.
I suspect it's not at all important. If it were an ongoing problem then perhaps we would want to look more closely at it. But the board has indeed become more stable and this little foible is just that... Folk can easily get in to their posts and edit them if they feel strongly....

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking