By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Hi I'm Mike

M

Mike Turner

Hi everyone.

Found this when looking on Google for Scottish business support and it looks like a great place. I own a vehicle service centre and have recently gone from being an employee to being the owner after coming into a lot of money from a deceased relative. He told me before he died that he wanted me to invest in myself, and I couldn't think of a better way to invest.

I will pop on as often as I can to keep in touch and ask questions. Maybe I can help you all out too at times!

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Hi Mike! Welcome to the forum. Always great to have a new face around here. Well done for making your investment, I am sure that your relative would be proud of you as you're quite right, there really is no better way to invest in yourself!

How are you finding running your own business? Is there anything that is particularly easier or harder than you had imagined?

P

Pete Brindle

Hey man. I've already quoted a few of your posts around the place before I saw this thread, I gathered you were something mechanic-y (is that a word) but now I know for sure. Should have checked this board first. Anyway welcome, and I will see you around.

M

Mike Turner

Thank you for the warm welcome all. I have been having a good look at all of the resources on here and honestly it looks great. I particularly like all the posts about finances, working out expenses etc, loads of people could make use of these. My wife owns her own business at the moment so I am trying to persuade her to sign up, as she is having a few struggles drumming up enough support to make it pay! So hopefully you will be seeing a little bit of her in the next week or so when she has a free minute to register.