By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Hi from Sally at Country Couples

S

Sally

Hi All

Ali at Frockery has said I am allowed to be an honorary Scot but only if I agree to deep fry my mars bars. :p

My website Country Couples launched in December and I am trying to go down the diy route for seo but am a very slow learner.

I shall sit in the stupid corner with Ali and try to learn as we go along.

I have worked in the corporate sector, so if anyone ever needs advise about trade or special waste , shipping insurance or nbc I am your gal.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Sally

Brian McIntosh

As far as SEO is concerned, there's no space left in the stupid corner.

Welcome to the forum.

Has anyone actually tried a DFMB?

S

Sally

LOL may I put my name on the waiting list for a place? I can supply my own pointy hat. :D

stugster

stugster

I'll be leaving the corner soon! Dave from RedEvo is helping me with my site. Apparently my wondrous examples are actually crap, and I could be making more people visit.

I hope he's right :D

Sally, welcome to the forums! :)

S

Sally

:eek: Of course he's right, my Redevo fan club badge number is 00002 (Ali got number 1).

Best of luck with the changes. It's horrid when you think you have things just right and some smartypants expert tells you to go to the stupid corner but that is how we learn.

frockery

frockery

I'll be leaving the corner soon! Dave from RedEvo is helping me with my site. Apparently my wondrous examples are actually crap, and I could be making more people visit.

I hope he's right :D
I feel sure he is right. :D

Thanks to RedEvo from me too. Although I don't feel I'll be out of the corner any time soon, I have started working towards it. :)

stugster

stugster

Best of luck with the changes. It's horrid when you think you have things just right and some smartypants expert tells you to go to the stupid corner but that is how we learn.
Very true! Dave has already given me some fantastic pointers, and more to come! :)

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Sally,

Welcome aboard and for being the 100th member! The first little milestone in SBF history!

I hope you find the site useful and look forward to your posts. :)

frockery

frockery

According to members list there are only 86 members so where does the 100 come from?
From the forums statistics at the bottom of the page :)

Threads: 95, Posts: 494, Members: 100
Welcome to our newest member, Sally

PC

PC

Well, either the list of members is lying or the stats are lying.

I'll trust the list of names.

: Definitive answer please!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Not wishing to try an hijack an intro thread here but from my limited experience of vBulletin so far I think the variance is due to 14 people who signed up but haven't activated their account via the link in the welcome email.

It's been useful you've pointed this out as they are all scottish based businesses so I have just sent them all reminders ;)

stugster

stugster

's correct. Members wont appear in the members list until they've activated their account. This is to prevent members signing up to spam the list with links back to their site before confirming they exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC

PC

Ah, so Sally is only the 86th confirmed member.

The other 14 are maybe's

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
Hi Sally

I have just taken over the forum and it would be interesting to learn how your business has got on over the last 3 years since the forum was last active.