By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Hi from Eriskay Associates

M

MarkTaylor1968

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick line to introduce myself and my business...

Eriskay Associates provide strategic and management consultanting to new and existing businesses. In particular, we help our clients create robust, winning business models using cognitive mapping software and a unique, interactive approach.

I'd be glad to network with other service providers from different backgrounds. I really think forums are a great way to exchange ideas and resources - particularly for smaller businesses where we need others to brainstorm and network with.

Best wishes,

Mark.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Mark,

Welcome to SBF :)

I'm not going to even going to pretend to know what cognitive mapping software is (anything like mapping?) Would you care to elaborate?

I'm glad you've find our forums and i'm sure your advice and experience will be a great asset. I'm sure we'll talk out on the forums soon. :)

M

MarkTaylor1968

Hi guys - and thanks for your welcome.

To answer 's question...

Cognitive mapping is a means of visually representing the issues, goals and competencies of a business or organisation and how each of these are related. Through a staged process, a visual business model can be developed and this is a great launch pad for the start up or growth of a company.

I've worked with 14 businesses in this way over the past two years and have helped them achieve incredible results which is why the website and promotional literature are full of testimonials and endorsements.

...as you can tell, I'm a convert to this method and am keen to work with more ambitious businesses in Scotland.

Best wishes,

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian McIntosh

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. Is what you do similar to mindmapping? I did a course on mindmapping a few years ago and an old colleague of mine uses it constantly.

M

MarkTaylor1968

Hi Snapper,

Thanks for your reply.

There are a few similarities with mind mapping, but the process I use is more of a staged approach that leads to the creation of a business model. It's also done in groups so there is a lot more emphasis on negotiation and getting the team to discuss and (eventually) agree on the key issues, goals and competencies of the business. It normally takes a couple of days to get to a really powerful outcome - in my view it's the visual dimension that makes the most impact.

So far, 14 client businesses have used it to great effect and I'm looking to develop new clients to work with - I'd be grateful for any ideas or pointers...

Best wishes,

Mark.

TomB

TomB

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

Look foward to chatting more

T

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hey Mark!

Thanks for signing up! Welcome to the forum :)

Stuart

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking