By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Hi from Collective ID

MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Hi,

I run a design agency in Edinburgh. The practice centers around branding and web design - and we support that with e-commerce web development, content management systems, SEO and strategic advice on brand management and marketing.

We've helped a few new businesses develop their ideas from the beginning so I'm happy to chat about some of the things we have learned, and to offer advice on things marketing / design / internet related.

Cheers,

Mark

COLLECTIVE ID web design Edinburgh - identity - e-commerce - content management

Idea15

Idea15

Welcome Mark!

What's your opinion of Drupal? I just did my first Drupal site and I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Hi Heather,

Source of many sleepless nights... but I really like Drupal. Couldn't think of a better option where a client requires a lot of functionality these days.

The admin interface is really oddly labelled at times, but once one's learnt the oddities of the system it gets easier. With some set routines and a bit of training, our clients have found management of their sites using Drupal enjoyable.

Building new Mods isn't something I would relish doing, but the community hosts many experts who are available to freelance.

When it comes to combing large functional sites with e-commerce, we've looked at the E-commerce Module - its really not the best around if you're to compare it with pure e-commerce solutions, but that said, its neater to use it than attempt to integrate two alien systems...

We'll being doing much more with Drupal for sure.

Mark

COLLECTIVE ID web design Edinburgh - identity - e-commerce - content management

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Mark,

Welcome to SBF :) I really hope you find the place useful. There are a few other designers on here but it's always nice to get another perspective as well.

Looking forward to your contributions and if you have any issues with the forums please feel free to PM or email me :)

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hey Mark :)

Welcome to the forums!

Great to see another Edinburger on the forums.

Idea15

Idea15

I know what you mean about the sleepless nights, especially when the database spawned into GBs rather than MBs, but the client is over the moon and is getting business already - so it's worth it. I think?!

TomB

TomB

Hi Mark,

Glad to see you finally joined up!!

I work with Mark one day a week as a freelancer, and was recommending the forum to him.

T

frockery

frockery

Welcome to SBF, Mark. I knew I had heard of Collective ID before and have just realised it was through Tom.

Coincidentally, I was asking some dimwit questions about Drupal a while back for a project I am (still!) working on. :)

MarkSteven

MarkSteven

Ah... hope it's going well...

Just checked out your site - my partner would love it - tyrannised as she is by high street sameness.

kirk

HI Mark and welcome. I'm a printer based in Glasgow and if there are questions you may need answered on that front just let me know.

kirk

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking