By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Help..........

G

Gouldie0

Stu / ,

I don't seem to be able to leave 'thanks' for anyone, if a i click the thanks button it's as if i've logged out and the option disappears :001_unsure:.

Another thing is that i can only post messages through the 'go advanced' option, i can't post through the 'quick reply' function else the same happens.

Any help would be much appreciated.....

Kind Regards

Neil

Last edited by a moderator:
stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hi Neil,

What browser are you using? Have you got Cookies enabled, and have you got any strange ad-ons enabled?

G

Gouldie0

Hi Stu,

Just using Internet Explorer (the latest one...... i think 9?!) and not sure about cookies, i'll double check that.

I checked to make sure there were no problems with compatibility etc but maybe it's the cookies.

Kind Regards

Neil

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hi Neil,

Any update about the cookies? I've had a wee look and can't see anything obviously wrong with the forums/coding our end, but you never know! :)

G

Gouldie0

Hi Stu,

Apologies for taking so long to re-post, checked that SBF are included in my always allowed cookie profile. I do have Norton AntiVirus but again SBF is part of the profile................ Not sure what it could be but then again i'm not the most techy when it comes to fixing computer problems :eek:.

Kind Regards

Neil

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Ah Norton... have you noticed your machine being quite sluggish, or was Norton on it when you got it? (Norton's crap. It's a resource hog like MacAfee and I wouldn't recommend using it). The only way they can actually get their products sold is if they have it pre-installed on the computer when you buy it, or have it thrown down your neck using aggressive marketing via Currys/PC World. If I were you, I'd look at changing to AVG, Avast! or Kasperspy - you should see considerable system improvement.

Having had my whine, your problem is probably not related to Norton (unless it's being annoying about security). Check that JavaScript is enabled in your browser.

If you can, try using FireFox or Google Chrome to see if it's a problem with the browser (yuck, Internet Explorer) or if it's the forums playing up with your account. I have a strong suspicion it's the browser.

G

Gouldie0

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the info, you're correct that it was pre-installed on my machine. I recently had a look at others but my subscription still has quite a bit to run, that being said i know some of the others are relatively cheap if not free.

My Dad always champions AVG so it's something i'll look in to.

I'll try one of the other browsers and let you know.

Kind Regards

Neil

G

Gouldie0

Hi Stu,

Just posted a 'thanks' for all your help, downloaded the FireFox browser and it appeared to work. Never been a massive fan of Internet Explorer but i didn't have a reason to try another browser until now.

Thanks again

Neil

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
No worries mate :) It'll probably be security settings playing up.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking