By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Greetings from sunny Costa Rica

RichardBlank

RichardBlank

After reading a few threads, I wanted to introduce myself to this community. I look forward to sharing ideas with other forum members. Finally, I have a strong desire to play a few rounds of golf and try a few local brews in your country. Sounds like a blast!

Best regards,

Richard

nothing does

nothing does

Welcome Richard,

Nut that's a hell of a long way to come to hit a ball around a field! :D

alanbold

Hi Richard, Ill be in Costa Rica next year on my honeymoon! I was in St Andrews last week and it was amazing to be standing next to the 18th hole. If you ever make it to Scotland then give me a shout

RichardBlank

RichardBlank

Thanks for the replies and warm welcomes.

nothing does: I need to see the birthplace of my favorite sport!

Snapper: I am open for many suggestions!

alanbold:Let me know when you will be here. I may have some good suggestions for you.

Richard

RichardBlank

RichardBlank

After three rounds, I may pass out. The beer is lighter here.

Is it true that some of the beer is served at room temperature?

Brian McIntosh

Some beers taste better served at room temperature. There is one called McEwans No 1 Champion Ale that is 7.5% ABV and is stunning. A bottle of that with a couple of drams and it's goodnight Vienna.

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

If you ever get across we'll just park ourselves in the Malt Whisky Society in Edinburgh and go for it.
Brian, are you a member too? Heck I need no excuse to park my bum there...especially there in Leith.

RichardBlank

RichardBlank

Thanks for the pics Gordon.

That is pure class. I could only imagine a fine drink there with my buddies.

You guys did it right.

Richard

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Thanks for the pics Gordon.

That is pure class. I could only imagine a fine drink there with my buddies.

You guys did it right.

Richard

It's great....it's just 10 minutes walk from my house...or a half hour stagger home!!

A fabulous place for business meetings too....clients love it

RichardBlank

RichardBlank

If I could combine that with a round of golf with my clients, I would close 100% of my deals.

Working smart.

Richard

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

If I could combine that with a round of golf with my clients, I would close 100% of my deals.

Working smart.

Richard
I used to live in St Andrews....10 years ago now. And live next to the world famous OLD Course.....

Every morning I would walk by the 18th carrying my briefcase and let out a great sigh as I headed off to work, but would rather be playing around (of golf);)

The company I worked for was based in Boston and everytime the big bosses came across, they "forced" me to take time off and play golf with them....it was a tough life.

If you make it across Richard, I am sure you, me and Brian could have a fine day's golf followed by a smooth fine malt sitting in the society in leather chairs, by the open fires.

heck, where are my ciubs...I'm off!!

RichardBlank

RichardBlank

Likewise if you ever want to play a round in Costa Rica.

The beer isn't as strong, yet it does hit the spot.

Richard