By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Google Webmaster Tools - Sitemap Issue

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I only very infrequently visit webmaster tools for SBF. Most of the time we dont really have any issues at all so I dont tend to find it that useful.

Today when I went in I found that while it downloaded our sitemap it was reporting some errors. For various line numbers it was reporting

Invalid tag value
This XML tag has an invalid value. Please fix it and resubmit.

Any ideas as to how I resolve this. My sitemap gets generated by vBSEO i'm pretty sure so i'm thinking I may need to contact them?

Canary Dwarf

Canary Dwarf

Check the priority value in the XML document, it will normally be sitemap.xml in the root folder. It should always be 1.0 or less, 1.0 being the highest priority and anything below being heirarchicly of lesser value. Numbers in different lines can be the same as long as they are not higher than 1.0

If that looks OK, can you post some of the lines?

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking