By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Good old Vardis (and the others!)

Gordon N

Gordon N

I can't believe how quick these guys attack! I have had previous experience with Vardis over their famous 'Forresters Fund' publication, after which I threatened them with court action, but they just won't give up (will they Stu;))

With the new business up and running, ads in the paper and submissions made to a number of online directories and websites it didn't take long! I got all excited as my phone started ringing at about half nine in the morning, the day my ad went in the local paper. Was it a potential customer? NO! VARDIS!!!!!

Within half an hour of reminding that I have threatened legal action in the past I received a further call from a 'Police Magazine' - grrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate these people!! :thumbdown:

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon N

Gordon N

A bunch of scam artists that con people into buying adverts in non-existent charity publications, police publications, local business directories and wall planners. Scum of the business Earth.

This is my own opinion, formed after having dealings with them over the last few years.

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

A bunch of scam artists that con people into buying adverts in non-existent charity publications, police publications, local business directories and wall planners. Scum of the business Earth.

This is my own opinion, formed after having dealings with them over the last few years.
Yes, I had dealings with similar people as well....barstewards!!! I too threatened them with legal action.

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
My own personal opinion follows and should not be taken as an opinion of the Scottish Business Forums or any affiliated bodies (except Easy PC Scotland!)

Vardis are twats.

I would have actually fallen for the entire scam, had it not been for their "Art Department's" incompetence.

I rang them up to tell them to stick their poor attempt where the sun don't shine and then had all sorts of bother from them. Invoices came flying in, letters from me went flying back.

They never chased it up, and obviously it never got to court.

Turns out though, there's quite a good chance they never actually print these adverts in the magazines they claim, and that it's all just a big attempt at conning money out of poor small businesses.

After all, what business needs to have a "Crown Debt Recovery" as their sister business? ;)