By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Golf

Twinflower

Twinflower

Are there any fans of this game? How hard is to become a good player in it?

RedSky

RedSky

I like to play golf sometimes, it's in general one of my favourite sport games together with baseball and football. I play it only for fun with my friends and for such amateurs it's not so hard to develop your skills, however in some cases it can take time, especially if you want to become a good player. That happends mostly because of certain rules which golf has and mastering all techniques according to them can be difficult for some people.
From my own player's experience I can say that the most important things for newbies are:
- creating a solid stance (it should be solid, wide and balanced for a good golf swing)
- improve your grip (holding the club in the correct position is one of the main things for developing your skills, practise this not only during the games but when you simply walk your field too)
- train the swings (you need always to start your movement from the lower body, not the upper one because such approach usually leads to faults https://golfclubguru.net/the-best-list-of-golf-tips-for-beginners/ )
- have enough sessions every time for practising (becoming the good player in any sport demands much practice, for example in case of golf every session should include at leats 50 balls and several swings)