By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Funding circle

S

Scaff man

Is anybody having any joy getting a payment holiday from funding circle

selfemployed

selfemployed

Verified Member
I havent applied but after being near perfect for months and months, I have been a little disappointed of late. My loan is coming to an end this year and I said in January when I last spoke to them that I may look for additional investment finance. Over the last couple of weeks they have rung me each and every day - leaving messages about taking out a new loan. They have been brilliant up until now but I feel as though they are hounding me and going over the top with the calls. Anyone else had the same issues?

E

Employer

Verified Member
I have heard the same stories about people receiving phone calls but just answer and tell them you dont want a loan lol

Joking aside I have found FC to be brilliant and I will be using them again especially with interest rates so low.

selfemployed

selfemployed

Verified Member
Trying to plan ahead - is there a standard payment holiday available or is this on a loan by loan basis?

I have seen them advertising here there and everywhere over the last couple of years but nothing about help in the current crisis.

G

Goingitalone

Verified Member
I think Funding Circle is the place to go for small business loans - yes it might not be perfect but this is a highly driven business. As someone said, if you dont want to renew your loan then simply answer the phone and tell them :)

selfemployed

selfemployed

Verified Member
Looks like there is potential for a payment holiday but at the same time the company is looking to protect the returns of investors - tricky!

G

Goingitalone

Verified Member
Has anyone seen an increase in the Funding Circle rates as a consequence of the virus? Surely there must be an increased risk to lenders?

E

Employer

Verified Member
I wonder if Funding Circle were trying to stay one step ahead of the game by contacting existing customers? Did they know that the rate would be 2.5% fixed between years two and six with no penalties for early repayment?