By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Fuelfool

TomB

TomB

Hey All,

Found this website:
Fuel Fool

They are trying to get 2 million signatures to the government to campaign for fairer fuel prices.

Lots of info on there, though it might interest people.

Just thinking as well with this forecasted 25-30% rise on Gas and Electricity prices, maybe we need to do something like this as well to petition the government to make the energy market more competitive, or allow competition in.

What do you think guys anybody interested in doing it?

T

nothing does

nothing does

But if we got fairer fuel prices how would these companies continue to make MASSIVE profits? :D

TomB

TomB

i'm sure they would think of something else, or they could just throw their dummies out the cot and i'm sure the governement will be only to happy to give them something.

T

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Looking at the site it only has 346 signatures so it has a very long way to go. I'm not panning the idea but petitions seems to be all the rage just now and you start to wonder if the intentions are credible. I dont think you can get enough people behind this to make the government back down and i'm at a loss to think what will actually work without people suffering as a consequence.

I'm probably being very defeatist here and may be shot down in flames, maybe i'm just having a bad day :(

TomB

TomB

I fear you may be right ,

gone are the days where petitions are noticed.

I wonder if its down to this number 10 online petition thing, have a look through some of the petitions, there was one to bring back wispa's.

now wonder the government doesn't take notice of them, if that's the sort of thing going through.

There must be something we can do, the country can't continue in the grasp of these greedy energy providers. I mean they moan that the costs of whole energy is going up, yet so are there profits. :mad:

What can we do?

Last edited by a moderator: