By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

From Self-employed To A Limited Company

MrsDev

Has anyone made the jump from being self-employed to being a in a limited company?

I work with a colleague now anyway, she does a lot of work for me and we have lots of shared ideas. We are both currently self-employed but think merging together in under a limited company, we will be able to streamline our ideas better and make more money.

I'm actually terrified, I really want to do it and think it will be beneficial to our pockets as well as our businesses. I'm just scared by the paperwork and the responsibilities, legal side of everything.

How have others found it?

R

Robert Frost

Not done this as like you it sounds a bit scary. I do know of people who have done it sucessfully though

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

You do need to read absolutely everything that you can get your hands on about the topic, because the last thing you want is a fine because you'd overlooked something that is a legal requirement. That being said, once you get into it and you understand what needs to be done, it does get easier - and you do of course have the option of hiring somebody who would deal with the legal side of things for you if your wallet will stretch to it. It might save you A LOT of stress, so could be worth it.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking