By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Freeagent Vs Kashflow Vs Xero Vs .....sage

stugster

stugster

Hey everyone!

I thought it was time we posted another thread about the various small business accounting packages out there, since a lot seems to have happened in recent years.

The biggest change is the acceptance and adoption of using "cloud" services, or Software as a Service. The founder of Kashflow openly admits that when they started out this was a massive barrier to entry.

With that barrier effectively dissolved, what is everyone using to keep their accounts in order and invoices sent out?

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I'm a convert to Xero now. It's a great system that's very scaleable and when you take into account the add-on eco system I think it sits head and shoulders above the rest.

Freeagent does appeal to a certain part of the market and is also a great system but aimed primarily at smaller businesses I feel.

I really worry about Sage as the adoption to cloud gathers pace and I'm willing to predict that they might buy up one of these providers because their own attempts have been poor to say the least!

LucidCaledonia

LucidCaledonia

I feel ashamed to admit I had never even heard of any other platform apart from sage, which I actually have a bit of experience with. I have no problem with it, so really I don't see the need to fix what isn't broken.

MattW

MattW

I've just started to use Kashflow myself, as they have an officially supported WHMCS plugin that allows integration for importing sales from WHMCS automatically.