By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

FREE SEO Toolkit from Microsoft

• Thread starter Lanarkshire IT Services
  • Start date
L

Lanarkshire IT Services

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd share this:

FREE SEO Toolkit from Microsoft

Seem pretty easy to use and informative.

Corrected a few issues with my site which I wasn't aware of!

Hope it helps someone.

Regards

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis

It certainly looks like a useful tool. Thanks for drawing our attention to it.

It's worth keeping in mind that it's a server-based product and is specific to IIS. Nothing wrong with that of course, except to note that it won't be suitable for Unix-hosted sites, or for people who don't host their own sites. (At least, that's my understanding, based on a quick glance at the specs.)

Mike

L

Lanarkshire IT Services

It certainly looks like a useful tool. Thanks for drawing our attention to it.

It's worth keeping in mind that it's a server-based product and is specific to IIS. Nothing wrong with that of course, except to note that it won't be suitable for Unix-hosted sites, or for people who don't host their own sites. (At least, that's my understanding, based on a quick glance at the specs.)

Mike
Hi Mate

It seems to work well with the sites I am monitoring which are on Linux based servers and not stored locally in IIS folders.

Maybe the IIS title is a bit misleading but I think it just needs the IIS component on the local client to run.

I'm using it successfully on a Vista client.

Just add the http://www prefix to any site you want to analyse.

Regards

Mike Lewis

Mike Lewis

I'm sure you're right. I was possibly confused by the statement that it "integrates into the IIS Management Console". That doesn't of course mean that the site you're analysing has to run under IIS.