By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Free legal help for your business

C

CVLinks

Hey everybody,

I am the founder of CVLinks. We link law students/graduates with businesses around the United Kingdom and beyond. We are seeking to help as many businesses out for free so if you are interested in helping out someone by giving them valuable work experience, please contact me. I am also interested in hearing about your experiences with lawyers, I would love to hear about your experiences.

Tyricores

Tyricores

I had experience working with one law firm. I can’t say anything bad about them, very good guys, professionals in their field.

Ciancel

Ciancel

Given the cost of hiring a lawyer and the risks you can face, it’s no surprise that many start-ups and small business owners want to know if there is free legal help for their business. The good news is that there are plenty of free resources available where you can get sound legal aid and questions answered by the experts.

Ciancel

Ciancel

How do I set up my legal structure? What are Incorporation costs? How do I get started? Which state should I incorporate my business in? Is there any free Legal Help anywhere?
The best way to open a corporation is to apply for a charter through DBA. We have received lot of requests for our opinions and since we work with businesses, we thought it would be useful to explain how entities work to guide people to make informed decisions once they decide to create their own company.
Choosing the RightEntity Formation Services
When you first start deciding on what entity type to use (general partnership, LLC, Corporation, LLP) you need to note whether the profits from the business will go to shareholders as stockholders; to partners as general partners; or simply to the owners themselves.
Corporations are lawful persons within the corporate law and you may want to keep one if you are going to take out loans or invest significantly in advertising to increase your customer base. Corporations allow owners to limit their personal liability to creditors. A person who owns 100% of the shares of a corporation is called a sole proprietor. Shares can be traded like stocks and they give the owner control over the whole operation. If you have several subsidiaries they become separate corporations where each one becomes independent of the others. There are many different structures for holding ownership in a corporation. You can think of it as a form of organization that creates separate legal identities.
LLCs are great for real estate investing. One special feature is that as individual members you can combine your capital together for investment purposes. On the other hand, you will not be able to take advantage of tax savings within partnerships or corporations. When dealing with creditors you cannot place liens into these entities, but personal guarantees are allowed. In addition, LLCs are subject to paying personal income taxes just like C corps although they have none of the liability protection of C corps.LLPs are similar to Lcfs in that they offer privacy for its members, but llp status requires a minimum of 2 members while lcfs only require a single member. An additional membership category between an S corp and an lcbf is the subchapter s llc. In California an llp is known as a jlpc.