By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Franchise-able business looking for advice

G

GeorgePilau

Hello, my name is George.

I started my grab & go food business 5 years ago. We have built it into an international franchise and I would now like to sell it to someone who can market it and take it to the next level.
Where does one start?

Any advice most welcome.
Thanks,

George

G

Goingitalone

Verified Member
Hi George,

First of all, congratulations on building a business in just five years just gone international. I have looked at the franchise process in years gone by and it certainly is not easy to get off the ground and make a success. As far as selling the business, I would look towards one of the many business selling agents on the Internet as opposed to advertising yourself online. Unfortunately, as soon as you post details of your successful business you will be hit by spammers and "tyre kickers" wasting your time. The majority will just be trying to find out how you set up the business so they can set up their own.

By using a business selling agent you will be able to use their contacts and don't forget, it is you who will eventually choose the sale price. Yes, in years gone by this business sector has had a chequered past amid accusations of sellers being ripped off as agent sold to friends, family and associates. Choose a reputable business with acceptable commission rates and, in a perfect world, only choose those who are paid on success. There is nothing better to focus the mind!

L

lookingforadvice

Verified Member
Just a thought, have you ever thought of selling the business on but retaining a minority stake in case it was to go to crazy levels?