By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Forum Downtime (Tuesday 5th May, Wed 6th May)

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Ladies and Jellyspoons,

At 10pm on Tuesday 5th May '09, one of our web host clients was the target of a malicious bot-net attack on their website and domain name.

Until about 10am this morning (and on and off until 1pm) the forums were offline or extremely slow.

Muchos apologies for this inconvenience. More information can be found here: UK Web Hosting Solutions - Equiphase - Welcome

We have since brought in another DNS server to balance the loads even more, and in the next few days, will be putting in more systems to prevent this kind of attack from having an affect on other client sites. At the moment, it appears our systems were unable to cope with the demand (at last count, we have been hit by around 7,800 bots - and it's still going!) and unfortunatly, the web server kept falling over due to load.

Thankfully, we have sourced the problem and are working to make sure this never happens again.

Any questions, please feel free to fire me a PM!

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

So where do I send the compensation invoice Stu? Not to mention loss of use of the website :p

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Send it for the attention of B.Hynd, 5 Mitchell Street, Edinburgh. :p

D

Dizzydiza

Those naughty bot nets.....and here was me hounding this morning by email as I didnt get my morning dose of SBF with my coffee!
;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking