By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Finding premises.

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hi David,

The Scottish Property Network offer a service whereby they submit your requirements to an array of letting agents on your behalf. The agent will then get back in touch with you with a selection of close/exact matches to your requirements. This obviously saves you trawling through all the available sites.

Scottish Property Network

The majority of leases will want you locked in for about 3 years from my little knowledge, although be firm and aggressive when discussing things with the agents, they will bend over a bit to accommodate you too.

If there are things you're not happy about in the terms, make sure you tell them to their face to give them the opportunity to discuss it with their client to see if they can alter their demands.

I was going to do exactly what you're planning on doing about three years ago, and there is definitely (well there was back then, and there will surely be now) a high demand for that kind of market. I know at least 30 friends who would turn up for a regular session.

ESPC.co.uk etc, also have the ability for you to search for commercial properties only, if that helps at all. But nothing beats phoning up the letting agents in and around your area and telling them to forward you their latest list of properties that match your requirements.

Let me know how you get on! Would love to pop over and have a coffee once you're all set up! :D

Good luck with it all mate,

Stu

K

KingdomOfAdventure

I wasn't aware of the proforma that SPN have so I'll go down that route I think.
3 years might not sound like a long time but from a start-up perspective it does sound a bit daunting IF the business doesn't take off, or indeed if it does take off and I need a bigger shop...

Anyone else got some advice on finding premises and indeed negotiating leases? Can you do it alone or is it best to get the professionals involve when it comes to negotiations like these?

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking