By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

FantasyCouriers say Hello

fantasycouriers

fantasycouriers

Hi There

I've been recommended over here by my wife Sandra (Boxby),so i've made the leap and joined.

I am putting live an online business simulation game in August, and so we're planning that it's going to be like nothing else seen before in this market. Its really exciting. We're into the final development phase now, so we'll soon have something to look at website wise.

I now have the challenge of finding 3000 business advertisers and 3000 players within the next 3months, so that should take up most of my time. But i hope to be able to chip in here with the odd comment, (probably around 3am in the morning!)

Any, nice to meet you all.
Alistair

Gordon N

Gordon N

Hi Alistair,

Welcome to the forum...

Sounds very interesting, any chance you could expand a bit on what this simulation is and how it is going to work??

Regards,

Gordon

fantasycouriers

fantasycouriers

It's a true business game, in the sense that you start with a capital lump sum, and you have to survive in business, make a profit or go bust. It's set in the courier industry which is one of the most challenging and competitve ones out there at the moment.

It's just brilliant, It's got so many real world situations and challenges in it. For example employees, premises, vehicles, etc. As well as setting pricing, working out your costings etc. It's also got employment tribunals, speed cameras and anything else you can think of.

Due to go live in August, so we're really putting in the pound of flesh over the next few weeks, because a game needs players, and our game needs companies with their products for delivery.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Alistair,

Welcome to SBF :) I hope you find the site of some use.

Your game does sound very interesting and I wish you all the best with it. Getting 3000 players and advertisers in three months will be a big challenge but if SBF can help in any way at all with promotion etc then please feel free to drop me an email :)

frockery

frockery

Hello and welcome, Alistair. Good to 'meet' you at last as Sandra has often mentioned you around the forums. :)

Your game sounds highly marketable and I wish you every succcess with it.

You two don't half keep busy! :D

TomB

TomB

Hey Alistair,

welcome to the boards.

Sandra has mentioned to me a few times about your game, look forward to seeing it in action.

I take it it a web based game?

How long does it run for?

T

fantasycouriers

fantasycouriers

Hey Alistair,

welcome to the boards.

Sandra has mentioned to me a few times about your game, look forward to seeing it in action.

I take it it a web based game?

How long does it run for?

T

Hi Tom

Initially we're not putting an end date on it, as there is no end date in business, but players get the chance to exit the game through buyouts etc. We may turn it into "seasons", but these are not going to be short. As you, and everyone else knows on this forum, business is about stamina and sustainability, so it's not a 45 minute game or anything like that. We're setting so that you should be able to pop into the game a couple of times a day, to keep it going along. (or spend much longer on it if you wish). There is so much in there it shouldn't get boring. Also, you are competing against all the other players, so it's got a really competitive edge.

Alistair

fantasycouriers

fantasycouriers

Hello and welcome, Alistair. Good to 'meet' you at last as Sandra has often mentioned you around the forums. :)

You two don't half keep busy! :D
We've also got two young children!!:eek:

Power Lunch Club

Power Lunch Club

Sounds great Alistair,....

And once you have the 3000 advertisers....you can reveal to us your secret about you managed it.:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum too....I look forward to hearing more about you and your venture.

Regards

Gordon
PLC

Idea15

Idea15

There was a business simulation last year on the Times web site, but the instruction manual was like a phone book, so I gave up before I even started. So I'd definitely be keen to give your product a try.

Is it like Football Manager? (If I have to hear the other half say "I bought him" or "I sold him" one more time during Euro...)

Hi Alistair

Just a comment on the simulation project, it definatly sounds interesting.

Id be interested in speaking to you about the possibility of advertising on the site.

hope to speak soon and good luck with the venture

fantasycouriers

fantasycouriers

Thanks Jamie. Will drop you a quick email

Kind regards
Alistair

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking