By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Family Business

Jannymax

Jannymax

Jannymax
I would appreciate any advice offered. My husband is a sole trader, he does House Clearances (Bereavement/Bankruptcy etc),our son works with him as a porter. I am also a sole trader, selling second hand furniture and household goods. Our son, who is soon 18 helps us out for which we pay him a small allowance.
We would like to be one company but do not know the best way to do this, i.e. Husband as sole trader with 2 employees OR a Partnership of 2 with our son as employee OR a Partnership of 3.
Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

Is there any particular reason that your current arrangement isn't working for you? It seems that your husband's job differs a little to yours anyway, so keeping things separate could work for you.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking