By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Evernote- Useful new software

alanbold

Hi all,
I have been using a free software/web service called evernote which is a great way to keep track of articles and websites that we find of interest on the internet. I find it much better than bookmarking and thought i would share it with SBF users.
Visit Remember everything. | Evernote Corporation for more details

Another great free software i use is skitch (mac only) which is great for taking screenshots and saving them online.
Skitch.com + Skitch = fast and fun screen capture and image sharing.

Anyone else got some great new (preferably free) web software to share with SBF members?

TomB

TomB

Hey Alan,

Good stuff. I have so many bookmarks on two different computers and used to email links backwards and forwards, will give this a whirl.

A great piece of free software that someone recommended the other day is Fireshot extension for Firefox, takes various different options for screenshots. Very useful.

And don't forget the count down to Firefox 3 has begun, they allow you to pledge with them and you get reminders so far there are 597,200 odd pledges to download on the day, not bad!!

I recommened accounting express 2008 as well.

Ftp - Filezilla
File Editor for programming or just text files: Crimson editor

A great one for vista users that allows you to run IE6, IE7 and IE8 Beta one on the same maching is IETester

Another one i cannot live without is doPDFa free pdf convertor that is installed as a printer and allows you to create pdfs as easily as printing a document, very very useful!! doPDF

MediaMonkey is an alternative to ITunes, there are free and paid versions

A PHP/MySQL server for windows wamp

I think thats all i have for now :D

TomB

TomB

whoops sorry i just noticed you were asking for free web software :eek:

Silly me!!

T

alanbold

Thanks Tom for the info on IETester, its funny I heard of it last night whilst listening to boagworld.com podcast. I will test it as i need to see if a new site ive done is ok in dreaded ie6.
Alan

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking