By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Euro 2008

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Not sure how many footie fans we have on here but thought I would start this thread where we could comments on matches etc and make our predictions on who will win it etc.

I was pretty impressed with Portugal last night, they've made a really good start and could go far. I think my early favourites are Italy (probably because they put out Scotland :p).

Care to share your thoughts?

TomB

TomB

football :eek:

Sorry not for me . . :p

But hope you guys enjoy it!

T

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Going my the first few posts Tom this may be a very short thread :p

I think seeing as none of the home nations are there many people will struggle to really get into it. Ah well i'll need to think of something else :)

DavidN

I've just finished watching Germany V Poland and that wasn't a bad game. Dont like the Germans much myself but they did look good. Podolski took his two goals very well and very nearly had a hat-trick. The Croatia game earlier was a bit of a dull affair, referee got the penalty correct but I thought Austria deserved a point. As you can probably tell i'm a footy fan!

Dave

alanbold

Before the tourny started i fancied Croatia to do well as they impressed me in both games against England. Im looking forward to seeing this new young french striker as he is supposed to be the business.

Idea15

Idea15

Looking forward to the French matches - is the great Henry really past his prime?

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I think France is playing today although the match of the day is on later. Holland V Italy has the potential to be a cracker.

Regarding Henry - I think he's passed his best now and probably lacks confidence, he's do well to leave Barca where he's just a bit part player. :)

Gordon N

Gordon N

I reckon a good tip for the bookies is Russia for an each way...

Shame I drew Italy in a sweepstake last week! ;)

Regards,

Gordon

Brian McIntosh

I haven't had much time to watch any of the matches up to now but I did see the Holland v Italy game last night. Italy were pretty poor but write them off at your peril. Holland must be up there with the favourites now.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I thought Holland were mighty impressive last night and certainly are at the front of the early contenders. They do however seem to have a history of bottling it which hopefully wont happen this time around. I'd actually like to see Holland winning it as they certainly under acheive in these tournaments.

Some cracking games to come as well with Spain playing Russia today. I actually think this tournament wont have many upsets and that you'll pretty much being to pick the semi-finals etc.

Brian McIntosh

Spain were particularly impressive. It's unfortunate that we've got Holland in our World Cup qualifiers next year. Maybe by that time George Burley will have some proof that Ronaldo has a Scottish Granny.:D

nothing does

nothing does

Spain did look pretty good last night I have to admit.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

That has to be the best game so far and Holland were mighty impressive. They have to be one of the favourites now :)

France were pretty poor but when Henry scored I thought they had a chance BUT to then concede the third goal within a minute put the game to bed. The final game between France & Italy will be a winner takes all which should be good.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking