By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Downtime tonight at 11pm

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Folks,

Most of you probably wont frequent the forums at 11pm but just as a warning we will have some downtime tonight starting at 11pm while we change over the hosting. We will try and keep this to a minimum but this should stop the intermiitent issues we have had over the last few weeks.

:)

Gordon N

Gordon N

I take it I am not in the 'most' gang! :)

I have the pleasure of working this evening preparing a couple of mock-ups and a pitch for tomorrow - what am I going to do if I want a wee break!?:eek:

[[ Gordon starts sucking his thumb and rocking on his chair ]]

Regards,

Gordon

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

You could check out the member list seeing it is now available again :)

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Update:

Just to let you all know the transfer went without any major issues :)

You should all now be seeing the new shiny fast forums (well, if you can see this post, then you're on the new forums!)

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Yup :) They most certainly are!

Please post if you're having problems or experiencing anything strange!

frockery

frockery

I thought I was doomed to eternal MSN networking as my ISP didn't appear to realise SBF had moved until now. :(

Well done for making the transition, Stu. We know who to blame if anything goes wrong from now on. :p

TomB

TomB

I have to say the increase in the forums speed is quite noticeable.

Good stuff Stu :D

stugster

stugster

Verified Member
Hi Tom,

Thanks for that :) The forums should be a lot faster.

They're on a server that has very few other accounts to slow it down, plus the server is a nice big beefy one too - so that helps.

There are two bigger speed differences that come to mind straight away:
The new server is located in Canary Wharf with fantastic network connections to most ISPs directly.
The new server has both the web content and the database content held together, rather than on two separate servers.

A new facility we've also introduced is remote backups to the Sleazy PC Scotland offices. So should all hell break loose in London, we've still got your quality posts :D

TomB

TomB

Quality posts,

your too kind :D

So on your new super dooper servers, have you anybody hosting magento on them?

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking