By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Do You Still Market Offline?

MarkB

MarkB

Staff member
Do you still market your products and services offline? While the internet now allows even the smallest of companies to access the worldwide market, surely local offline marketing still has a role to play? Are some businesses missing an opportunity to grab more local custom due to our obsession with going worldwide?

bighugemassive

bighugemassive

I guess it depends on your industry. But I definitely think that offline marketing is still very important - especially as part of a 'joined-up' marketing strategy, combined with email, social media etc... And I'm not just saying that because I run a print company ;-)

selfemployed

selfemployed

It may sound bizarre but I read all of the news online now and I actually miss moving away from my computer to read a good old fashioned newspaper.

I have always thought that the trend towards online buying and away from physical shops will turn at some point and visiting physical shops will become popular again - the internet will always be the number one retail market but shops are not yet dead and buried.

Businessman

Businessman

I do virtually NO marketing online... No Twitter, No Facebook, No Instagram... And until earlier today, not even a forum! - Although in years past, I'd been a regular user of them.

Having been 'online' since before the internet even existed - and a user of the internet itself since the days of Compuserve; for me it just got jaded... One big weans' playground; and not a place where I could interact with the people I need to be talking to. Things really started to go downhill circa 2006-ish. And since about 2012 when we do make a push it's generally via print and post. - Mind you, I've been around long enough that people know me, come back regularly and tend to put business my way.

- Our website's been 'down' since before Christmas (we generally do that over the holiday) for a bit of a wash and brush up. -Been too busy to put it back up!

Wills

Wills

Verified Member
We no longer do any off line marketing in the way of advertising, leaflets, calls, emails, post or network meetings, We have acquired a lot of international clients and without the Internet we would never have them and working with local businesses may sound ideal it puts too many eggs in one basket.

C

cruzo

I think offline market it is still quite important, but only if you established for a while, or you are in great location, or you have intention do your business for couple of years before you will get real profit.

Jeorge Waters

Jeorge Waters

Offline marketing is definitely alive and sometimes it's even much cheaper to use offline methods like giveaways. I will never stop giving away promotional bags for example. That's the easiest way of advertising. And when it comes to money, such bags are quite cheap, here you can look at the prices https://www.promoparrot.com/promotional-bags.html and people really use those bags so your logo and a brand name are always in sight.

J

JasonLee

Guys, I'm in my last year of Economics College. Can you advise me on a website or service where I can get quality marketing essay help? I need to write two essays urgently and I don't have time at all, I'm working. I would appreciate any advice. My studies depend on it.

swartz

swartz

I prefer to combine those two options for my business. I mean off and online variants for my business

poliq

poliq

All is well
The topic is very interesting and inspiring for any business

Last edited:
versal567

versal567

I understood the importance of cooperation of offline and online strategies for marketing a long time ago. I do have 12 years experience in Business Development, May be i can give you a better answer. I have a restaurant of my own and strongly believe averyone can do that. I mean to open a restaurant:) First you need to check your target audience. Are they use online platform (I mean tech savvy) What is the age group you are targeting? What is your location? I will give you proper strategy if i get answers of above questions. If you are still thinking it over I advice to read this article https://joinposter.com/en/post/successful-restaurant-concepts-2018 about some really Successful restaurant concepts