By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Do You Know Your Legal Obligations When Sending Marketing Emails?

justDAJ

justDAJ

I wrote a short blog post to help people understand their legal obligations when it comes to sending emails; especially unsolicited marketing emails.

In essence:

• You must obtain consent and that consent must involve a 'positive' action - i.e. the viewer ticking a box.

Having the 'opt-in' box ticked automatically is not sufficient

Read the full post on 'understanding the law regarding marketing emails' -- I hope you find it useful.

B

Branded Merchandise

That's an interesting blog post, thanks.

Am I correct in saying that this law applies to b2c only? Is there any difference when it's b2b?

justDAJ

justDAJ

The regulations applies to any individual subscriber receiving unsolicited marketing emails. The law does not apply if you send marketing emails to a generic email address, also known as corporate subscribers (such as [email protected] or [email protected]). You may send unsolicited marketing communication to existing clients without there consent, where there is a clear interested based on previous work. (but they must be given an easy way to opt out)

At the end of the day, to be safe, always seek consent!

P

Pete Brindle

I wasn't aware that there was any kind of law, actually. Although I don't send emails like this, I would have thought that anyone would be free to send whatever they like. Obviously I'm naive in this way.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking