By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Directors conduct and decision making

M

mklondon

Hello,

I am a director/ shareholder in Ltd company that is non-trading and the purpose of it is to manage shared freehold of the property that I own a flat within. There are 4 flats in the property and there is one director/shareholder per flat, so 4 equal directors in total.

There has been a little bit of a division between the directors since the majority decided to sign up with a management company to mange the building. I was against it but I got outvoted by the other 3. Since then, it appears that all decisions are being made between the other 3 directors and management company implements them whilst I am not even included in any conversations. Even if I ask a question I just get ignored and don't get a response. Are such decisions binding from a legal point of view? What can I do about not being consulted and as a result decisions being made without my knowledge? How can I make them to include me in the conversations and decisions?

Any advice would be appreciated.

G

Goingitalone

Verified Member
This is a very tricky one because you have been outvoted and now the properties seem to be managed by third party. However, that said, if that third party needs advice or guidance and they approach company directors then that must include you?

I would take legal advice and even contact the management company let them know of your concerns and that you are taking advice. If it turns out that you have been excluded illegally, which seems to be the case, then they may be in line to pay you significant compensation. However, you may need to look at your shareholder/director contract to see exactly where you stand.