By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Did You Know About The Changes To Nic's From 6 April 2015?

• Thread starter Scottish Business Owner
  • Start date
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

• From the 6 April 2015, employers will not have to pay the employers Class 1 secondary National Insurance contributions (NICs) for employees under the age of 21. The rate will be 0% for these employees up to the equivalent of the new ‘Upper Secondary Threshold’ (UST).
  • New category letters will be introduced in April 2015 to help support this change.
  • It is therefore important that you make sure you hold the correct date of birth for employees.
  • More information will be sent our nearer the time.
  • Look at our e-learning Becoming an Employer for more information on employing staff.

M

Mike Turner

This is important for us, so thank you for posting. A lot of our lads are quite young so I will make sure we have the right DOB on file for all of them.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I think anything that encourages employers to take on younger people can only be a good thing.

I see a lot of younger people where I live a bit disillusioned about their job prospects so hopefully this will help kickstart a bit of a change in fortune.

C

cruzo

Yes as for me I always wanter to have own business, working for somebody else makes me feel like in cell