By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Did everyone have a good Christmas?

D

Dizzydiza

One of my best presents although I havent tried to use it yet was an ultrasonic cleaner for my jewellery given to me by my children. My daughter was also very generous....she gave me a lovely cold and I am sitting here sneezing and blowing my nose! She went out for a few hours on Christmas eve wearing a skimpy santa suit and the following morning was sneezing and coughing. It must be a pretty virulent virus as both me and hubby are suffering now! He should be on holiday today but he has gone out to work to help clear the backlog in Parcel Force. I also got tickets to an evening out to Cineworld and I am off to see We Will Rock You this evening in Edinburgh given to me by a very generous niece. I also got the usual smellies, wine, chocolate, money, new bag and briefcase, scarf and a homemade organiser from a Secret Santa on a craft forum!
Christmas Eve was a buffet party in my house, Christmas day was a lovely meal prepared by my sister in her house and Boxing Day we took a meal up to the OH mum who is recently out of hospital with a hip operation. So I am feeling a bit like the stuffed turkey! Although we dont eat Turkey in our house ;)

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Being that I have a four year old and two year old Christmas is always very exciting to the point that you prey for it coming so that all the excitement and anticipation can get out!

We had my mum and dad at our house for Xmas which was great. How surreal Dizzy that we actually bought my Mum and Dad tickets for We will Rock You which they went to see Boxing Night and really enjoyed :)

Our house is still a tip with lots of empty boxes and stuff, most of which will be taken to the recycling centre in the morning :)

Christmas TV was rubbish but I got a few DVD's as well as the box set of House which at 67 hours will keep me busy for a fair few weeks :p

jimbairn

jimbairn

I was working Christmas Day - a live caricaturing gig at a Glasgow Hotel. Decent money and it got me out of Christmas Lunch with the in-laws. A win-win situation.... Got home about eight to a traditional Chinese takeaway and Dr. Who on the DVD recorder. And I got a Meccano set for a Christmas present!

D

Dizzydiza

We Will Rock You absolutely rocked! The jokes just kept coming and the music ....well Queen music is the best!
I miss my children being small and getting excited about opening presents. I get the camera out every year to have a visual record of them opening the presents. This year all I got was "Och muuum do you have to!"
Jim sounds like you had a good christmas ;)

G

Gouldie0

Hi All,

Had a great Christmas, lots of excitement with the wee one. We got him his first 'big boy' bicycle, Lightining McQueen from Cars complete with a horn. His smile was a picture to behold :thumbup:

As for myself, plenty of sale shopping and a few bits and bobs. My highlight was the Michael McIntyre DVD, it was pure genius and i know i haven't laughed like that for a long while.

The snow made it all the more special, a lot of 'Christmas Card' picturesque scenery throughout East Lothian. An absolutely beautiful place, hope you all have a great New Year and all the best for 2010.

Kind Regards

Neil Gould

D

Dizzydiza

Michael McIntyre is the best comedian since Jasper Carrot! Havent seen the new dvd yet but i enjoy his tv shows

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

He must have made a few quid with his DVD this year as I got it as well :)

Not had a chance to watch it in full yet but hopefully soon. I didn't like him at first as he seemed like an upper class twat but i've been persuaded.

Not quite in the same league as Jimmy Carr yet but maybe one day :p

Canary Dwarf

Canary Dwarf

I had a great Christmas. Was woken at 6am by the kids who discovered their gifts from Santa. Got a load of books myself, including ones on marketing, social media, and public speaking. Didn't watch much telly, apart from the Gruffalo, which was about enough for me, I rarely watch TV.

Helped make the dinner and settled down for the evening with a glass of port. Now where did I put those books?

D

Dizzydiza

Sounds like you had a good Christmas too. I didnt watch much tv either apart from Dr Who but I taped quite a few films and watch them since i.e. A Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th St, The Nativity Story. Christmas is not Christmas without these films!

A

anned

Yes a good Christmas. Had to switch to Plan B and cart Christmas dinner to parents house. Dad housebound in wheelchair since snow started. But it all went very smoothly. Has been very relaxing -even read a whole book.
Now it's time to get back to work -planning big things for the New Year

abs

abs

It was a lovely but quiet Christmas for me; just Ted (husband),myself and dogs. Walked the dogs in the snow, ate too much, drank not too much and lazed about for the rest of the day - completely restful and stressless so can't be bad!

Hope you all have a great 2010.

Theresia

D

Dizzydiza

cart Christmas dinner to parents house.

We had to do that on Boxing Day MIL usually comes to us but she had a hip operation a few weeks ago and was too scared to leave her house in this weather or climb my stairs ( understandably)

jimbairn

jimbairn

I got my best Christmas present today - This years Broons annual for £1.50 from Morrisons! Broons AND a Meccano outfit - ye cannae whack it!!!

D

Dizzydiza

Happy new year to everyone on SBF lets hope 2010 is a better one then 2009!