By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Dealing With Periods Of Low Motivation

Allegrif

Allegrif

How do you get out of the rut and inspire yourself to be more productive if you're having a particularly bad week or month? I seem to have months where I get absolutely heaps done, and then months where I just don't feel as up to it.

MapleTree

MapleTree

I like to set personal goals and targets for myself to reach. Like, when I've completed so many tasks or done a certain amount of work, then at the end of the month after I've paid the bills, I'll have a bit extra to do something I really enjoy. Like going down the pub with my mates on a Friday night for a pint or two, or taking a day and going to the seaside. It's obviously not always a fail-proof way to stay motivated, but it certainly helps to know I have something to look forward to if I keep working hard.

A

adamscott0719

I give this time to rest until the first manifestations of laziness. It helps you not to burn out at work.

KilaMila

KilaMila

I often have moments of low motivation, especially in the fall and winter, when there is very little sun, little fruits and vegetables.
Even the vitamins you drink do not help.
Everyone has such periods, the most important thing at such moments, it is not to blame yourself for low performance, otherwise you can just drive yourself into a pit from which you can not get out.

B

balder

A very difficult question, here I think everything is very personal for everyone.Unfortunately I can't say the same about me. I'm not doing my best, and I'm not working nonstop.But still, sometimes you need to take a rest and fly to warm countries in order not to get burned out and advice you to get some info from goodmancoaching.