By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Credit Control Services

K

KAG

Hi
I would like to introduce myself and my business.

I am in my mid 30's and I am in the process of starting up in business offering a credit control service, which is a service to ensure that your customers are paying you what they should be, when they should be.

In addition, I also provide credit control training to individuals and teams alike as well as offering credit checks.

I have over 10 years experience within the field and I'm hoping that the transition period between me giving up my current full time position in employment to going it alone will be a smooth one!

If anyone has any advice for me I'd be grateful!

Cheers!
Kara

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Kara,

Welcome to SBF! :)

I'm also in the early stages of doing something very similar. Just trying to get my head around all the compliance issues with Consumer Credit Licence etc (bloody nightmare to be honest :p)

I guess we're both seeing the same opportunity here and my main reason for doing it was that I feel alot of businesses in the credit control/debt recovery business try to make their money by pushing people down the legal route. It's amazing what can be achieved by speaking with people on the telephone and coming to a reasonable solution.

I do wish you all the best with it, sounds like you have a wee head start on me :p

K

KAG

Hi

There is an awful lot to take in, I agree. It's something I have been thinking of for quite a while now. I am almost there with it all, just lacking in the customer department!

Tell me a bit about what you are doing? It will be interesting to share experiences I’m sure.

Good luck to you also.:001_smile:

Kara

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gouldie0

Hi Kara,

Welcome to the forums, i'm sure you'll fit right in with the rest of us - we're nice really :laugh:

Kind Regards

Neil

johnthesearcher

johnthesearcher

Hi Kara

Welcome to the SBF.

Good luck with your venture ........

John