By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

County Court Claim

H

HASBOLTON

Good Morning All,

I've today received a county court claim from a unhappy customer last year, that wasn't satisfied with the part refund provided for damaged equipment he returned back to me.

I have read his claim in detail and there are several elements which I don't agree with and know not to be true and have correspondence between myself and the customer to prove this.

Having read online I'm not I should dispute the entire claim, as from what I've seen the courts general favour the claimant and it would leave me having to pay all costs

I was thinking of admitting part of the claim and making a counter settlement offer back

What I'm not clear on is if I admit part and submit a revised settlement back, do I become liable for any other charges? For example would I have to pay court fees to submit the settlement offer? If the customer refuses the settlement would I be liable to pay additional fees at that stage?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

L

lookingforadvice

Verified Member
What kind of potential charges are we talking about? If you're in the right then in theory what is stopping you from proving you are in the right? If you have a CCJ against you it can have a huge impact on your credit rating and your company. Check your credit rating if not for you then for your business!