By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Confused!

Ron@CFA

[email protected]

You are not allowed to promote yourself in this forum but you are asked to introduce yourself. Please confirm what is acceptable and what is not.

Is: I support businesses by introducing equity investors to them
or: I must admit I am stumped as I am unable to introduce myself without promoting myself!

HELP!

Adam

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ron,

Directly advertising your services as soon as you get here, without contributing to the community is what we would class as self promotion.

It's a little like on Linkedin, someone connects with you and within 5 minutes of connecting shoots you a direct message promoting their services........It's dirty and would likely get un-connected in many sitiuations rather quickly. That's not what networking and contributing to a community is about, the forum isnt here to help others market their business, its here to help, provide support and be a community for like minded business people.

Introducing yourself, telling the community a little bit about what you do is absolutely fine and that can be done easily without directly advertising, linking or talking about your services. We're interested in you as a person and your experitises, not nessarily your business and what you have to offer.