By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

cloning

S

stressmom

How do you guys feel about the issue of cloning? I guess that from a scientific standpoint I am very supportive as I think about all of the progress that we have made in this field in a short amount of time. On the other hand, from an ethical point of view I am not so sure that I agree. How do you feel?

D

Dizzydiza

It makes me feel quite squeamish to think that they are injecting a cows egg with human cells and then jump starting those cells into life. The scientists are not very clear how far they are taking this cell to before its no longer required/destroyed. I can understand the people wanting this research to go ahead that have children or family members with conditions that could benefit from this research so until i know more details i cannot say i am for or against it.

ahop23

Well I know we can all benefit from greater levels of stem cell research but just how much we benefit from cloning I am not sure. And nobody seems willing to tell us either.

Brian McIntosh

Cloning is a scary prospect. I read an article once that said that, in the future, a clone could be made of yourself, kept in cryogenic storage and, if anything happened that you needed a new organ or bone marrow, etc it could just be harvested from your clone. Frightening.

nothing does

nothing does

Well I guess as an identical twin I already have one!

ahop23

why can't we ever use some of this knowledge for something that is good? My husband would absolutely freak out if there was ever the ability to make a clone of me- he would just me to go ahead and put him out of his misery!:)

why can't we ever use some of this knowledge for something that is good? My husband would absolutely freak out if there was ever the ability to make a clone of me- he would just me to go ahead and put him out of his misery!:)
I was wondering.... Do you think they could ever produce a 'grow your own Michelle Yeoh' kit??? :rolleyes: Or maybe an Audrey Hepburn.... Or a Marcella Puppini would be great at parties....:D

(yes; I'm at a funny age :D )

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking