By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Changes to FB Pages - A Marketing Plus?

• Thread starter EmployEasily Legal Services
  • Start date
EmployEasily Legal Services

Did you know that FB recently launched a major change to its platform?

Users can now use FB 'As a Page' which basically means if you have a FB business page, you can surf FB as that page and make posts on other Business pages that you have 'liked'.

Has anyone had a play about with this new feature and if so, what do you think? Do you think this change will help users of FB to effectively market their services or will it just tunr into a spam fest?

S

ScottJ

I like it, also you can now add other Admins to your fan page which is very good news, should hit 1000 natural fans on one of my sites nest week & seems to be a good way to drive traffic & target offers.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

I always think that Facebook seems to struggle in a B2B context. All the successful pages I have seen all seem to be B2C focussed. Anyway it seems this has been quite warmly accepted. For those of you who (like me) who want to know a bit more about how to construct these then I found an excellent post by the team at Attacat that kind of gives a mini tutorial on the subject.

Custom Facebook pages with iFrames in 8 steps for non-developers | Attacat of Edinburgh

Hopefully others will find this useful. It would also be good to see any examples of what people have done to their page using the new features :)

Tim Barlow

Tim Barlow

Hi

Many thanks for linking to us, much appreciated.

I think the changes to make pages more like profiles are great but don't yet go far enough. You still can't have more than one personas on Facebook yet as pages still have far less function than profiles (the main one for me being not being able to like non-Facebook pages).

Hopefully this will come. I think this is important if Facebook are going to capture the business networking market that Twitter and LinkedIn have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Appreciate you taking the time to reply Tim :)

I came across another really good post on Hubspot about good examples of Facebook pages. Link below:

20 Examples of Great Facebook Pages

However as I said in my post above and it's mentioned alot in the comments of the above article it's really difficult to find good example of Facebook working in a B2B content. What's your thoughts on that Tim? Does Facebook have more fit with B2C?

Tim Barlow

Tim Barlow

I certainly feel Facebook has a huge amount of B2B potential but I am not convinced it is really there yet. Yes there is some mileage today but it's limited when compared to say Twitter or even LinkedIn.

The "Facebook is only for pleasure" view that is very prevalent in the UK is much less so in the States where there seems to be a greater willingness to mix work and play.

One point that is worth making though is that people still like to work with people they like and therefore Facebook can be used to generate business for B2B companies.