By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Carrying Out Effective Return-to-work Interviews

L

Lauren Turner

It's very important that these interviews are done properly and well, because if you're returning to work it can be a very stressful time and it's vital that both the employee and the employer know what's to be expected, and also prepare them for any changes in the business that may have occurred in their absence. So dealing with this correctly is the best thing and is well worth sorting out.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

If you don't carry out these interviews properly, there is always the chance that the employee might not do their job properly when they return. Chances are, their role will have changed slightly since they have been away, either because of the way that their job was covered or because of small changes in the business. Either way, getting the chance to talk to them before they resume their role is important because then they know what they're going to be doing, if anything has changed, and the things that they need to know.

M

Mike Turner

I was pretty clueless about return to work stuff but I had to read about it because one of my employees asked about a RTWI after a long period of absence, and I was ashamed to say that I didn't know what to ask or talk about! But after lots of research I sorted it out, and I am very glad that I did so now.

Gemma Rowlands

Gemma Rowlands

I was pretty clueless about return to work stuff but I had to read about it because one of my employees asked about a RTWI after a long period of absence, and I was ashamed to say that I didn't know what to ask or talk about! But after lots of research I sorted it out, and I am very glad that I did so now.
One of the things about running a business is that it is a VERY quick learning curve indeed, and you find yourself having to know about all kinds of things that you wouldn't otherwise have had to learn about. So I do think there are many good things about it, and it's also great that your employees benefit from your new knowledge as well.

P

Pete Brindle

We always do RTWI with our tutors when they get back. I think it's vital in our line of work because things can move on and change so quickly that we really do have to keep them up to date before they get back, or the students would suffer because of it. It's a very friendly chat, just talking about expectations of the job role etc, and the people who work for us usually do find that they benefit from these meetings.

M

Mike Turner

One of the things about running a business is that it is a VERY quick learning curve indeed, and you find yourself having to know about all kinds of things that you wouldn't otherwise have had to learn about. So I do think there are many good things about it, and it's also great that your employees benefit from your new knowledge as well.
Yeah I have noticed that. I'm on the internet most days searching for various business related things, but the good news is that this forum has been a breathe of fresh air, and I really don't think that I would have coped if I hadn't been able to have people on here to help me with the various issues that I've had along the way.

Latest Posts

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking