By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Can't Vote In Polls

Allegrif

Allegrif

Hi, I can create polls but I can't vote in them. When I click vote a small loading box appears in the top-right, then disappears and nothing happens. I'm used to XenForo, but this is unusual to me.

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

Hi Alexander,

I've checked the user permissions the that option is enable so I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

I'll pass this info to our XF expert who I'm sure can resolve :)

MattW

MattW

Can you provide an example poll you are voting in? Your permissions all check out

upload_2015-12-4_6-26-20.png

Scottish Business Owner

Scottish Business Owner

@MattW - Matt I actually have the same issue. If i vote it doesn't look like it accepts it. Pretty much just hangs!

MattW

MattW

@MattW - Matt I actually have the same issue. If i vote it doesn't look like it accepts it. Pretty much just hangs!
I've just voted in that poll, and it's taken the vote instantly :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Allegrif

Allegrif

Yes, we are on 1.5.3
One step ahead of me then :D

On a side note, I don't suppose the flood control could be toned down a little? I have to wait quite a while to make a second post. No worries if not, just thought I'd ask.

MattW

MattW

I've also checked the node permissions, and it's a generic node with all inherit permissions from the parent category, so there are no restrictions on there :confused:

Allegrif

Allegrif

I've also checked the node permissions, and it's a generic node with all inherit permissions from the parent category, so there are no restrictions on there :confused:
Very strange. It doesn't feel like a permissions thing though, there are no error messages. Everything on that thread just hangs.