By using Apprenticeforums services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Join our UK Small business Forum

Helping business owners with every day advice, tips and discussions with likeminded business owners. Become apart of a community surrounded by level headed business folk from around the UK

Join us!

Can I Employ Someone Without Being A Limited Company?

Bacton

Bacton

Forgive me, I'm young and generally inexperienced with any legal matter. I have a business idea I want to press on with, but I'll need a hand right from the off for it to work. Can I employ someone as a sole trader myself, or do I have to go LTD?

Thanks in advance

Allegrif

Allegrif

You can absolutely employ someone as a sole trader, but I wouldn't recommend doing it from the off. Is there no way you can sample this idea without taking someone on? Employing someone while your idea is untested is dangerous and could end up with you out of pocket and with a very angry employee.

Bacton

Bacton

You can absolutely employ someone as a sole trader, but I wouldn't recommend doing it from the off. Is there no way you can sample this idea without taking someone on? Employing someone while your idea is untested is dangerous and could end up with you out of pocket and with a very angry employee.
Kinda difficult, my idea literally needs two people to function. Thanks for the info though :)

Associates

Large Scale Plastic Moulding
Dexion Pallet Racking